Everything You Need To Know When Planning For An Induction
The Induction guide is a 150+ page downloadable and printable PDF that will walk you through exactly what you can expect on one of the most impactful days of your life.
How is the Induction Guide going to help you?
Inductions can be intimidating for anyone. But being induced shouldn't take away the magic of your once-in-a-lifetime labor and birth experience.
Waiting around for signs of labor that just aren't happening, wondering if you'll ever go into labor
- Planning for an induction because you or your baby have a medical condition that indicates that baby will be safer outside than in at a certain point
- Ready to get induced as soon as your provider gives you the green light
- Simply planning ahead and hoping for guidance just in case you need to be induced
- Wondering how you can kick start your own labor at home before an induction is necessary
...You're in the right place and The Induction Guide is exactly what you need.
With This Guide,
Understand what to expect from an induction or augmentation of your labor (and understand the difference between the two)
- Feel confident about whether or not an induction is right for you and feel good about the reason behind your induction or augmentation.
- Have tangible steps for preparing and getting ready for your upcoming induction including packing your hospital bag and having questions on hand for your provider
- Get a full picture of how you can determine whether or not augmentation is necessary after spontaneous labor and what you can do/expect if your labor stalls
- Have confidence in your ability to advocate for yourself and learn how to use your birth plan during an induction
- Have a better understanding of induction/augmentation methods and which ones might be right for you
- Be able to involve your support person and give them the education and support they'll need to be there for you in the best way possible.
- Feel more comfortable with the process of induction including what to expect on admission, how things might unfold, and what interventions are commonly used
- Know what to expect when it comes to Pain & Pain management. They say inductions are more painful. What can you really expect?
- Finally be out of the dark when it comes to the possible risks of induction and what to expect when they become your reality.
What’s Inside The Induction Guide
What is Induction & Augmentation
- What is induction and augmentation?
- What's the difference between the two?
- What methods are typically used?
Is Induction Right For Me?
- Indications for Induction and Augmentation
- Discussion about most common reasons to be induced
- A Discussion on the ARRIVE study
Preparing For An Induction
- Getting ready for the big day
- Preparing your body and mind
- Final appointments prior to your induction
- Questions for your provider
- Induction-specific hospital bag checklist
How Can I Know If I Really Need To Be Augmented In Labor?
- What "normal" labor looks like
- How to know that you're in labor
- A discussion on "stalled" labor
- The five P's of labor and delivery
How Can I Advocate For Myself?
- How to use your B.R.A.I.N
- Making decisions during your induction
- Declining Induction
- Your birth plan during an induction
Induction & Augmentation Methods
- Choosing a method that's right for you
- A discussion on each of the induction and augmentation methods used
- Admission & what to expect
- The timeline of an induction
- What to expect when it comes to progress
- Common interventions during an induction
- The Cascade of Interventions
Pain & Pain Management
- What is the pain of labor like?
- Back pain and why it happens
- Pain management options & techniques
- A discussion on the risks of Induction and augmentation
What doesn't change...
- A discussion on what parts of labor and delivery won't change just because you're being induced.
I couldn't just stop there...
BONUS 1: HOME INDUCTION METHODS I know you and I know you were waiting for this.
BONUS 2: TIPS AND TRICKS All the tips that I would give my patients coming in for an induction of labor.
BONUS 3: THE SUPPORT PERSON Your support person is so important. Make sure they know their role and how they can best support you during your induction.
BONUS 4: Q&A I answer some of the most commonly asked questions regarding Induction
BONUS 5: TIPS FROM MOMS WHO'VE BEEN THERE I polled my audience to find out what they wish they'd known about induction before they experienced it. These are their responses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a physical product that will be shipped?
My hospital provides packets and videos for education. Isn't that enough?
This is my first baby. Should I just go with the flow?
This isn't my first rodeo. Will I learn anything I don't already know?
Labor is such a mystery. Does it even matter how much I plan?
When do I get access to the course materials?
Is there a refund policy?
Will Heather be accessible to answer questions if I need help?
"You made me feel so much more prepared. Just wanted to say thank you for what you do!"
I personally cannot wait to guide you through your pregnancy & birth journey
After working in labor and delivery as a labor nurse for 7 years and having two babies of my own, it's become my passion to make sure as many women as possible discover their power in birth and find out just how capable they are to walk out of their birth feeling like an absolute rock star!
If you're anything like me and you value your birth journey and know that you deserve an experience to remember, not a birth that you just simply "get through", you're going to love this guide.
I know that you're capable and fully ready to embark on this journey towards your most empowered birth. I believe in you. Do you?
xo - Heather Knezic